The Guide Laws are
- A Guide is honest, reliable and can be trusted
- A Guide is helpful and uses her time and abilities wisely
- A Guide faces challenges and learns from her experience
- A Guide is a good friend and a sister to all Guides
- A Guide is polite and considerate
- A Guide respects all living things and takes care of the world around her
Girls age 10-14
Members take part in a wide range of exciting activities at their regular meetings, and at special events or holidays. Girls do everything from adventure sports to playing fun games, and from taking part in community action projects to the performing arts.
Guides work together in small groups or 'Patrols' and, with the support of an adult Leader, choose and run some of the activities themselves using Go for It! resource packs.
The Guide programme is divided into five areas:
- discovery of new experiences and challenges
- healthy lifestyles
- global awareness
- skills and relationships
- celebrating diversity
More in-depth information of the five programme areas can be found at: Guide Programme
Girls can extend their knowledge and skills by working towards interest badges covering many different hobbies and activities from Film lover to Independent living. They can also gain Challenge badges that recognise their participation in guiding over a period of time. The badges build towards the Baden-Powell Challenge Award, named in honour of the founder of guiding.
Visit the Guides’ website and find news, interest badge information and activities just for Guides. Guides Website
City of Hamilton